MAIN TCR ONLINE SCREEN
Shows your company name and the user name logged in
Logout - you need to log out of the program after each use
Help – links to User Manual, program changes and other support documents
New - gives you ability to quickly add anything from customer to tickets
Reports - opens up the Reports menu - all reports are grouped by category
Quick Sale – directly opens a Sale Ticket after prompting for existing job#
4 Sections on the Main Screen
- Main Menu - lower left - buttons (i.e. Customers) dictates what you see in the other areas – main data areas. Depending on the modules you have licensed or your access level, you may not see all the buttons shown below.
- Upper Left will show options to filter data (i.e. Active customers) or additional menu options
- Top Right Grid - displays the data for viewing (i.e. list of customers)
- Lower Right Grid - displays data for viewing associated with top grid (i.e. jobs)
Windows Task Bar (bottom of screen)
As you open various windows / forms in TCR Online they will be displayed in your task bar at the bottom of your screen. Depending on your version of Internet Explorer icon the windows will be displayed horizontally or 'stacked' as a list. Each will have enough information for you to identify which window is which. They will remain there until you use the red X to close the window. The TCR Main window will always take you back to the main screen when you log in.
The tool bar will be at the top of each grid or form in TCR and allows you to perform certain functions. Holding your cursor over the top of most buttons will give you a clue as to their function.
- Add New record - this will open a data entry form to start a new record
- Save Grid data to CSV file - allows you to quickly export data
- Toggle between seeing lower grid and not seeing it
- Advanced Search - allows you to enter in multiple search criteria at one time
- Far right side under Help - opens the current screen in new window
- Search for record (i.e. Customer) by entering any piece of data (customer name, customer id, part of address) in the white box, then press Enter
- Orange X removes the filter and shows all data
- Refresh Data in Grid - blue arrows in circle
- Scroll bar to the right - views only current Page
- Page 1 of 2 indicates how many pages of data are available to view and you can easily move to another page with the arrows
- Count to the right shows how many records are in the grid
- Far left column in grid data - symbol indicating Status
- All columns can be sorted ascending or descending by clicking on column header
- Light blue column indicates default sort column (customer name - ascending)
- Can expand / contract column by pulling column heading to the right / left
- Using the Filters on the upper left section will dictate what is in the top grid. For example, on Jobs you may want to see all the Closed jobs where the default is Open jobs.
- As you click/highlight a record in the top grid, the data in the lower section will change accordingly
- You cannot edit data in the grid - you must double click on the record to open up the form
- On the Customers / Jobs grids, only Open jobs are shown by default but there is an option to the right of the job screen to select all jobs for the customer.
USING BASIC DATA INPUT FORMS (Jobs)
- Tabs at the top for additional information - some open new forms, others just display data. Depending on your Role and Access level not all people see all tabs.
- Most forms are broken down into sections with a grey bar separating them. This is just to better organize data as well as hide unused data (i.e. Monthly Contract on a job).
- The very bottom section shows the record information which indicates who created or changed the record last and when. This section is normally hidden.
- You can use the mouse to move to fields or use the TAB button to move to the next field
- Red fields indicate the data is required.
- Blue underline fields indicate a link to another form, or if an email address, it will open an email.
- Fields with a drop down arrow to the right indicate there is a list you can choose from, or you can start to type in the information but it must match the list item.
- Some fields with drop down arrows let you add new items to the list (i.e. City). You select Other from the list and a pop up box will appear allowing you to add a new item.
- Date fields have a calendar to the right that you can click on and select a date. Or you can enter the letter t and it will fill in with today’s date. If you enter a date manually you must either enter 040113 or 4/1/13 (with the slashes).
- All records must be saved by pressing the Save button in the lower left corner. If you use the red X to close the form your changes will not be saved but you will get a message first. You can use ALT S to move to the Save button but you have to press Enter to actually save the record.
- ALT Q - Save & Close button - will save the data and close the form.
- ALT A - Save & Add New button - will save the data, close the current form and open it up again for you to enter a new record.
- ALT R or F5 - Refresh button - not usually necessary unless you have a form open that has data that was changed by another form.
- ALT X - Delete button - deletes the current record. Not all records can be deleted (i.e. a customer with existing jobs).
- ALT P - Print button - will print the current screen
- Red X in upper right corner - Close the form (or CTRL W).