When we want to assign a category to an entity in TCR, we label it.
HOW TO CREATE A LABEL?
- One of the ways to create a label is to select the entity for which we want to add the label and then click on 'Create new label'
- Lets say, I want to Add a new label for Jobs. Firstly, I select the Jobs from main menu, then from the list select the checkbox for any job.
- On top right 'Add label(s)' and Remove label(s) options will be displayed. Select 'Add labels' , it displays list of already added labels and an option 'Create new labels' as well. On clicking it Labels (new) page is displayed.
- In the Name field give the name of the label and in the description give a brief of the label and select a color for the label.
- Click on 'create'.
2. Another way to create label:
- Select 'Settings' --> 'Labels'--> Labels page opens up.
- On clicking the + sign beside Labels, Labels (new) page opens.
- In the Name field give the name of the label and in the type, select the entity for which you want this label to be added. In the description give a brief of the label and select a color for the label.
- Once the fields are filled up, click on save and close. Label will be saved successfully for that entity.
HOW TO ASSIGN A LABEL?
- Quickest way to assign a label -- Select the checkbox of the particular entity and click on 'Add label(s)' option.
Let's say I want to assign a label to customer (shown in image below). I've selected the checkbox of that customer. On top right we can find Add label(s) and Remove label(s) options.
- Click on Add label(s) option. It will now display list of labels with checkboxes. Select the desired checkboxes and click on 'Add selected labels'
- Once 'Add selected labels' is selected, the entity is categorized by that label.
- Another way to Assign label: Let's say we want to assign a label to one of the customers. To do this, we will select the customer and then go to 'customers' tab.
- At the bottom we can find the option of 'Add to label' dropdown. On clicking it, list of the labels is displayed, from the list select the checkbox of the desired label, click on apply then save and close. Customer will now be categorized by that label.
HOW TO SEARCH THE ENTITIES BY LABELS:
- To search the entities according the assigned labels, we use the 'Filter grid by Label' option
- On clicking it, dropdown of the labels is displayed. Select the checkbox/s for the labels.
- To filter the entity with any on the labels: If the results should display entities which has any on the selected labels then we should select the 'ANY' radio button.
- For ex; I want all the tickets which ever has the labels 'x' OR 'y'. I select checkboxes of those labels and select 'Any' radio button, then filter.
- To filter the entity which must have all the selected labels: If the results should display only entities having all the selected labels then we go for 'ALL' radio button.
- For ex; I want all the tickets which ever has the labels 'x' AND 'y'. I select checkboxes of those labels and select 'ALL' radio button.
- Then click on Filter. Page is displayed along with the labels as per the selections.
HOW TO REMOVE LABEL(S)?
- To remove a label from any entity select the entity and from top right select the option 'Remove label(s)' option.
- From the dropdown select the label to be deleted and click on 'Remove selected labels'.